Home birth comes as a package, including:
- all prenatal and postpartum care
- blood tests and all lab work (lab fees still apply)
- home visit at 36 weeks (or all prenatal and postpartum appointments in your home: your choice)
- attendance at your birth
- unlimited support as needed for pregnancy and postpartum, well-baby care and breastfeeding, up to 8 weeks postpartum
Full package: $4500
Many insurances will cover home birth with a CPM (Certified Professional Midwife). I will check with your insurance company after our initial meeting. Sometimes it helps to know how to ask.
Cash price discount:
Discounted price of $3800 when payments of at least $250 per appointment and remainder of bill is paid in full by 36 weeks
Oregon Health Plan (OHP) is accepted for home birth. If your household income qualifies for OHP, but need to pay in cash for whatever reason, a discounted price is available. Contact me to discuss.
Labor doula fees include:
- Two or three prenatal visits
- Two postpartum visits
- Attendance at your birth to one to two hours postpartum
- The price for labor doula services is a sliding scale from $900 to $1200.
Postpartum doula services include housekeeping duties such as cooking, laundry, and cleaning, and also clinical duties such as breastfeeding help, monitoring vitals, and baby care. Overnight care is possible. Postpartum care can replicate the postpartum care that a midwife gives, even if you birth in a hospital.
- $30 per hour from 7 am to 11 pm
- $35 per hour from 11 pm to 7 am
Encapsulation services include encapsulating your placenta (I can keep some out for you to consume raw if desired), pick up within 12 hours of birth (sooner for an extra fee) and drop off of your placenta pills.
$200, plus an extra $50 for pick-up between 10 pm and 7 am
Pre-conception care, isolated prenatal or postpartum appointments (if you are traveling and only need one appointment) are charged at a sliding scale.